Do you have knee, hip, back, shoulder and/or ankle discomfort?
Well, you may have a muscular imbalance. New clients are sent to me all the time with some sort of ailment and they want to be cured without going under the knife. I don’t blame them and most of them don’t need to. Why? Because their muscles are throwing them out of balance and are causing their problem. Your discomfort is just a symptom to your underlying muscular imbalance. My goal is to get to the root of the problem and fix it.
1) One sided activities- Such as a pitcher in baseball, who uses one side of his body extremely different than the other. Also, you may simply sit crooked all day long at your desk and lean towards one side more than the other.
2) Sleeping on one side all night long and not rotating sides.
3) One leg longer than the other.
4) One muscle stronger than the opposing muscle.
5) Overuse/repetitious movements.
6) Not working muscles equally and from different angles when you exercise.
7) Not stretching properly.
1) LISTENING TO YOUR BODY: If something is aggravating you it is telling you that something is wrong. Find out the cause and fix it.
2) FIND YOUR WEAK MUSCLES and exercise them from every angle. Your muscles need to get worked out and they need to be moved from every single side.
3) DO IMBALANCED EXERCISES. Right arm to left leg. This will help strengthen your stabilizing muscles and improve your balance.
4) EXERCISE THEN STRETCH. I am a big believer in proper stretching immediately following each exercise in order to create long lean muscles.
5) BE A STICKLER FOR FORM. Don’t get sloppy when you are in a hurry, as this is when you can get hurt. Make sure you are exercising correctly.
6) PULL YOUR FEET BACK FLAT. Make 100% sure that you are pulling your toes back flat and equally.
7) ALWAYS USE THE OPPOSITE HAND. Whenever doing a one legged stretch, always use the opposite hand to pull your toe back.
8) BE PROACTIVE. Properly train injured areas often, so that you prevent issues down the road.
My goal is for you to be flexible, strong and balanced. This way, you can use your muscles efficiently and NEVER get injured.